BORIS JOHNSON has told England fans to boo football players taking the knee before Euros matches.
Here’s what was said:
Boris Johnsons spokesperson said:
- “The Prime Minister respects the rights of all people to peacefully protest and make their feelings known about injustices,” his official spokesman said this afternoon.
- “The Prime Minister has spoken before about his desire for everybody to get behind the national team and he would like to see everyone cheer them on and not boo.”
England Manager, Gareth Southgate said:
- “It isn’t going to stop what we are doing and what we believe. It certainly isn’t going to stop my support for our players and our staff.
- “That’s it, we are going to have to live with that. We’ve said what we are going to say now.”
Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford said:
- “For us, it is the right thing to do so we are going to continue to do it,”
Do you agree with taking the knee?