After a video went viral on social media yesterday, the Police announced lastnight that four men had been arrested in connection to the incident.
In a statement, the Police said: “Police received reports of people shouting anti-Semitic abuse from a car travelling within a convoy of vehicles through the St John’s Wood area on the afternoon of Sunday, 16 May.”
“Enquiries were carried out and officers traced a car to the A40 in Hillingdon. The police helicopter was deployed and officers stopped the car at approximately 18:30hrs.”
“Four men were arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated public order offences. They were taken into custody at a west London police station where they remain.
Superintendent Jo Edwards, in charge of the policing operation, said: “This behaviour was utterly shocking and will not be tolerated. I understand that this would have caused considerable concern within the community and we have arranged extra patrols in the St John’s Wood and Golders Green areas this evening.”
In response to this news London Mayor, Sadiq Khan said: “Grateful to our hardworking Met Police officers for their swift action in response to this appalling incident today.”
“Here in London we have a zero-tolerance approach to hate crime. If you commit a hate crime, you will face arrest.”