In the latest reshuffle of Starmer’s cabinet, the former deputy leader under Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell, slams the reshuffle as “Mandelsons revenge”. The question has the be asked. Is this reshuffle Starmer’s idea or Mandelson’s?
- Anneliese Dodds out as Shadow Chancellor and replaced by Rachel Reeves. Anneliese demoted to Party Chairman.
- Angela Rayner FIRED as Party Chair and put in to tackle Gove as Shadow chancellor to the Duchy of Lancaster.
- Birmingham Ladywood MP Shabana Mahmood comes in as national campaign co-ordinator.
- Nick Brown has been replaced as shadow chief whip by Alan Campbell.
- Thangam Debbonaire has been moved to shadow Commons leader.